How to Report Child Abuse and Neglect

If you have a reasonable suspicion about a case of child abuse or neglect (see more information below), please take action by calling Kalamazoo County Child Protective Services at the number below.
All calls are completely confidential.

Kalamazoo CPS: 1-855-444-3911

Reasonable suspicion of abuse can be based on:

  • Witnessing the abuse yourself
  • Noticing the warning signs of abuse in a child
  • When an adult, parent or child confides in you

If a child confides in you, remember “R.O.L.E.” First, Reassure the child that it was the right thing to tell you. Overcome the desire to over-react or talk negatively about the abuser. Listen, don’t lead the conversation. Encourage the child by saying you will help them.
Then follow through by calling the number above.

For more information, and additional prevention tips, we invite you to explore this website. You may also call the Kalamazoo CAN office at (269) 552-4430.